Saturday, March 7, 2009

First & Foremost- the "Me" place

It may be a bit too obvious- any one wanting to do good, first and foremost is to save me. There are many levels of what this means, but fundamentally, to accept oneself as who you are,nothing more, nothing less. i.e. to know that it is ok to be you and be comfortable with it. To know that that you are complete and perfect. I recall how many moments, I blame myself for things, or question if I am "good enough"- believe me, this is common dilemma especially for those grown up in traditional Asian upbringing. Or now, in this climate of economic breakdown, we all have moments of anxiety and fear of what is going to happen next. Sometimes we can go all over the place, and except we forget to visit "me", for the me place might bring us to places which scare us. Most of us, prefer not to be scared. But sometimes if you don't take the bull by its horns, so to speak, you will always be threatened by it somewhat, it will always bind you and keep you from moving forward to the next level. Perhaps challenge yourself next time, when you see your wondering mind running away from me- its very tricky, the mind is really a master plan when it comes to planning for escapes- a full schedule perhaps, hour to hour? a lot of laughter to disguise how you truly feel? or just lots of booze to keep you down. For me, I just sit and watch TV. Clearly in order to do good for others, first I need to do good to me. This is logical following the fact we should all know by now- how can you love others, if you don't love yourself? So instead of running away & resisting, I am developing a friendly relationship with the places which scare me. And you know what, it is not as scary as you would imagine. It certainly liberates me in certain subtle ways and with this process, more space is created, this space gives me great comfort, to feel the calmness from me after all these years of internal and somewhat hidden turbulence. So when was the last time you went to me? Perhaps you might want to do something different when you start to escape? Or you can continue to resist, although I should remind all of us, myself included, that what we resist persists. It is wonderul that life is full of choices-be wise what you choice though, it will certainly come back to greet you someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment