Saturday, March 7, 2009

Letting Go in my jourmey home

Below is a by-product of insomnia...

Buddha taught 84,000 teachings, there are different methods, vehicles and rituals in Buddhism, and the point of it all is to enable us to awaken in our natural state, the nature of our mind, aka Buddha nature. For me, a more universal way to express is to return to the Source. For many came from two and two came from One. So it’s about returning to the One, or our intrinsic nature , a return to where we came from, so I call it home. This is the ultimate state of freedom and happiness. To re-unite with our source or core.

The journey to our nature, is about letting go. What is letting go? It certainly does not mean total abstaining from everything, for letting go is a state of mind - "care-free non-attachment", attitude. Just because I am wearing an expensive branded shirt, does not mean I am attached to that shirt. Afterall, the issue is not this world and the pleasures of life but rather our attachment to it. But it's not about just a mere physical letting go of something or someone but a state of mind where the existence or non-existence of that something or someone does not impact one’s state of mind whatsoever. Letting go of all dualities of good and bad, happy and sad, up and down, with and without and so on.

For a mind which has completely let go, including the letting go itself, is a free mind.

Perhaps a free mind can experience easier our true state, after all, despite our physical states, we are but energy and ultimately, we are One with our Source which is no different from the Universe.

For me,this is a long process like peeling an onion, I am more than grateful to my Guru’s blessings because finally I am on the journey to let go and I know I am returning Home for certain, it’s a question of time when I will arrive there! This is the million dollar question...

No comments:

Post a Comment